This is the main page of tbStats, an extension for getting mail statistics in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Compute the number of messages per folder, year, month or sender.
- Show tables and graphs.
- Export to HTML or TSV.
You can see a screenshot.
Get the latest release: tbStats 1.0.
- Now works with Thunderbird 3.*. If you want it for Thunderbird 2, get 0.1beta2.
- New configuration window
- Now the extension shows graphics inline and in the HTML export
After installation, a new menu option, called "Statistics", will appear in the "Tools" menu of Thunderbird. After selecting it, a configuration window with options about the statistics to compute will appear. After selecting "Ok", the statistics are computed and a results window its generated. You can then export the results to HTML or in TSV (tab separated values text file). This second option is useful if you want to make charts with a spreadsheet or to import the results in any other program.
During the development of this extension, the following information has been very valuable:
- Hello, World! tutorial
- The Deep End: a blog about Thunderbird extensions development
- Quick File extension. The code to navigate folders has been inspired in it
- Remove Duplicate Messages extension. The code to navigate messages has been inspired in it
- Webdeveloper extension. The code to load an inline CSS has been inspired in it.